There are many classification methods of relay, which can be classified according to the principle of action, the dimension of the shape, the protection characteristic, the contact load and the product use.
First, according to the principle of action
1. Electromagnetic Relay
A relay in which a predetermined response is generated by the relative motion of a mechanical part under the action of a current in the input circuit.
It includes DC electromagnetic relays, AC electromagnetic relays, magnetic maintenance relays, polarization relays, reed relays, energy-saving power relays.
(1) DC Electromagnetic relay: The control current in the input circuit is a DC electromagnetic relay.
(2) AC Electromagnetic relay: The control current in the input circuit is the AC electromagnetic relay.
(3) Magnetic Preservation Relay: Magnetic steel into the magnet circuit, relay coil power off, the relay armature can still keep the coil power on the state, with two stable state.
(4) Polarization relay: A DC relay in which the state changes depending on the polarity of the input excitation.
(5) Tongue Spring Relay: A relay that is opened, closed, or converted by the action of a tongue spring that is sealed in the tube and has a dual function of the contact Reed and the armature magnetic circuit.
(6) Energy-saving power relay: The input Circuit control current for the AC electromagnetic relay, but it's large current (general 30-100a), small size, power-saving function.
2. Solid State Relay
A relay in which the input and output functions are performed by electronic components without mechanical moving parts.
3. Time Relay
When the input signal is added or removed, the output part needs to be delayed or limited to the specified time to close or disconnect the relay of the controlled line. 4. Temperature Relay
A relay that moves when the outside temperature reaches a specified value.
5. Wind Speed Relay
When the speed of the wind reaches a certain value, the controlled circuit will be connected or disconnected.
6. Acceleration Relays
When the acceleration of the moving object reaches the specified value, the controlled circuit will be connected or disconnected.
7. Other types of relays
such as optical relays, sound relays, thermal relays and so on.
Second, according to the size of the form
Relay with the longest side size of a miniature relay not more than 10mm
Ultra-small relays with a maximum side size greater than 10mm, but not greater than 25mm
Relay with the longest side size of small relays larger than 25mm but not greater than 50mm
Third, according to the contact load points
Micro-power relays less than 0.2A.
Relay of weak power relay 0.2~2a.
Relay of medium Power relay 2~10a.
High power relays above 10A.
Relay of energy-saving power relay 20a-100a
Iv. according to the characteristics of protection
Sealed relays using welding or other methods to seal the contacts and coils in the metal cover, the lower leakage rate of relays
Plastic Seal Relay Using sealing method, the contact and coil, such as sealing in the plastic cover, the leakage rate of a higher relay
A relay used to protect the contacts and coils from the enclosure of a dust cover relay.
A relay that protects contacts and coils by opening the relays without shields.
V. by purpose
Communication relays (including high-frequency relays) This type of relay contact load range from low to medium current, environmental use conditions are not high.
Relay used in machine tool relay machine, the contact load power is big, the life is long.
Relays used in electrical appliances used in relays require good safety performance.
Relay used in automobile relay, this kind of relay switch load power is big, the punching, the vibration resistance is high.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to select relay
- What are types of automotive relay
- General relay and latching relays i...
- General relay burned the cause
- What is a power relay
- What is a magnetic latching relay
- Power relay of industrial control s...
- Power relay load what types do you ...
- Power relay load classification of ...
- How to choose the right power relay...
- Magnetic preservation Relay to disc...
- The door of the future development ...
- Magnetic retention Relay Market gro...
- Basic analysis of Relay fault
- Relay common fault types and diagno...
- What kinds of relays are there?
- Single coil magnetic Holding relays
- What is the difference between a lo...
- What is the function of the skip lo...
- What is the working principle of th...